Web Error

I know this is probabily a simple one, but can you offer your speedy
advice to help me conclude on this issue. Swapping from RedHat to Debian
has been great except for the following issue;
Warning :  Failed opening '/var/www/index.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/use/share/pear') in Unknown on line 0
This is the error i get while trying to use interactive web pages include
php mysql and apache?
Has anyone got the one liner, as i think it is in php.ini or the httpd.conf??

Thanks

Jason