Re: Best Practices: CGI.pm & CSS2 ???

Heheh, nah no flamewar.  Everything you said was strictly speaking true.
But at this stage style sheets are like giving a random person off the
street a loaded gun.  Style sheets can be used to great effect but just be
sure u truly know what ur doing.  And do testing testing testing.  A good
regimin would be making sure it looks right in: All used versions of
Netscape(4&7), Opera, & IE; Text based browsers(Palm, Lynx); Moniters from
15" to 19"; Resolutions from 800x600 to 1600x1200; Various system font sizes
from 90-120dpi, handicapped settings can go to 200dpi.  These last two have
particularly infuriated me.  Also make sure the site is still usable with
style sheets disabled.  Turning off style sheets should not fatally hobble
ur website.

At 06:05 PM 12/30/03 +0100, Erik Grinaker wrote:
>For an example of the truly amazing things you can accomplish with css,
>check out http://www.csszengarden.com/

Just as an aside, the truly amazing things I've seen done with web pages
were DHTML.

--
REMEMBER THE WORLD TRADE CENTER         ---=< WTC 911 >=--
"...ne cede males"

00000100