Re: Question about system accounts in LDAP.

На ?, 2003-08-12 в 16:43, Stephane Bortzmeyer записа:

> I do not really see why you want that (I suspect you should use groups
> instead) but that's what PAM is for. Just put different things in
> /etc/pam.d/ssh and /etc/pam.d/imap.
I have a question about the pam thing ...
I had to make sshd to authenticate from postgresql database, and found
that, to have the session and etc. things, i need to use the NSS system
(/etc/nsswitch.conf) with the nss-pgsql module, not the PAM stuff ...
e.g. you practically can't make ssh to authenticate diretctly from
database, without the help of something like /etc/passwd (you need the
UID, homedir, etc. info).
So, my question is, am I wrong, or you always have to use the NSS
modules?
If so, why there is pam, if you can use NSS, and use it to authenticate
everything from whatever you want, in whatever manner you want?