Re: LDAP as userdatabase for UNIX & W2k

> Hi there!
>
> I am currently running an in-house system for account mangement on Debian.
> I'm using MySQL as backend database, and have a couple of scripts converting
> the configuration from the MySQL database into configuration files for
> Apache, Proftpd, qmail, etc..

> Now, I am considering to remake this system totally, and one of my plans is
> to use Ldap for everything. But my Ldap knowledge is very limited, so maybe
> someone could help me out.

Why do you want migrate to ldap ? (I haven't any comparaison ldap/Mysql, I am very interresting to have some information about an ISP on Mysql (practice of))

> Would it be wise to use ldap as global configuration database, where
> users/domains etc. are in relations with each other in ldap?

for ldap/cyrus/postfix/apache/proftpd : (maybe)

http://www.ispman.org/about.php3
http://www.linuxfocus.org/English/September2000/article173.shtml
http://www.moongroup.com/docs/exchange-replacement-howto/

For mails, it exists too a ldap/courier-imap/exim solution

good luck.
--
Pascal Pucci : Pascal@deenoo.com
Recommander un site à ses amis : http://www.BeeTell.com