schema for NSS LDAP with not all accounts active

I have an LDAP directory that contains the accounts for several machines.
Most accounts will be active on all machines, but some accounts will only be
active on a sub-set of the machines, I would like to implement this with a
filter something like the following:

(|(attr=all)(attr=machine-name))

Where for each user the specified attribute will have the value "all" for all
machines, or it will be a multi-valued attribute that lists all the machines
the user is authorised to use.

So the question is, what attribute should I use?

Another question is, does anyone have any other suggestions for doing such
things?