Re: IPv6 return path filter default active?

Hi Reinier,

First question: does the router A see the response coming from router B and then drop it or does the router B drop the packet?
Second question: why don't you configure router A to go through router B as a prefered route to access the internet and use VlanY as a fallback in case router B gets down?

Anayway, as far as I understand your problem, the packet would be returned to router A on a different interface from where it was sent.
So the interface of your router A will receive a packet from router B but destination IP address is the one of VlanY which is not matching the interface getting it and causes the DROP.
You can probably setup an NDP proxy to solve this but it is an ugly solution .
I don't have enough knowledge in routing protocols and network architecture but I am pretty sure that the design itself should be modified.

All networking options (including NDP proxy, rpfilter etc.) can be find here
http://kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/ip-sysctl.txt
You can also get it with:
aptitude install linux-doc

Sorry I can't help you more,