radvd or dhcp

Hello,

I preparing to carry out ipv6 in our network. A thing I don't get is
the actual difference between radvd and dhcp in ipv6 networks. If
radvd can do all the autoconfiguration stuff (and from what i learned
by now it is just built-in in ipv6) why would i need dhcp
(http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/).

I couldn't really find a comparison of when to use which of those demons.

I'm probably stuck in ipv4 thinking (or making that up in my mind) but
I still stick with something like:

set up dhcp, tell the clients to do dhcp configuration (ipv6 still
needs a dhcp client afaik - radvd doesn't need a client, correct me if
i'm wrong)

the dhcp server will certain hosts to fixed addresses (servers) and
also serve a dynamic pool to workstations, tell about timeservers etc.

so why is there radvd? is it intended for a small setup, a large one I
just can't think of, or something totally different. Maybe the
question is why is there still dhcp, I'm quite confused atm and would
be gratefull for an overall answer, if I have the right terms to
google for I'll probably figure out the details by myself :)

thanks
martin