Re: autoconfiguring inet6 with ifup/down

Joost Witteveen wrote:
> Sami Haahtinen wrote:
>

>> I think
>> ifupdown should have an inet6 autoconf method that would just bring up
>> the interface.
>>
> The following patch to the ifupdown source does just that. Would it be
> OK to send this patch upstream?
> ...SNIP...
> This now works OK with the following interfaces file:
>
> auto eth0
> iface eth0 inet6 autoconf

It looks good by me, only thing i can think of is that the desription
should say that this is to be used in IPv6 only situations. Just so that
people don't think that this is the key to trigger autoconfiguration,
which is also something that the description could mention.

- S