Re: RE : zebra 0.93a debs?

Hi Fabio,

> Ofcourse everyone got his own experience but it is strictly related to the
> setup you have. One of my friend had to run ospf6d from 0.92 and bgp for
> 0.93 in order to get things working. It also depends which vendor is on
> the other side and so on.

I just noticed 0.93b beiing available in sid. Unfortunately, they
didn't take this approach. According to the ML, 0.93a/b zebra and bgpd is
needed for BGP4+ sessions to Juniper boxes while 0.92a ospf6d is needed
for working operation. After updating my router, i keep loosing my
OSPF6 neighbors (as well as IPv6 connectivity) from time to time...

I really wonder why 0.93b isn't mentioned at the zebra home page. It has
been available for a while now (since Sep 13 to be correct ;-) ).

Finally, i might be worth looking at the patches from
http://people.ie.alphyra.com/~paulj/zebra/. Not all of them are good (in
particular the ptp patch will make zebra crash, as soon as zebra finds an
interface with IPv6), but some of them might be vital for stable operation
(linkstate and md5auth are two of them...)

IMHO, zebra in the moment istn't that well maintained, but that has been
beaten to death already in the zebra mailing list.

--jochen