ipv6 enabled pppd ?

I have setup a PPP/SSH VPN, and I wanted to enable IPV6
on this VPN. But it looks like debian pppd does not support
ipv6! I'm using package 2.4.0f-1, manpage reports ipv6
options, but pppd says "unrecognized option" when I try
an ipv6 related option, and "grep -i v6 /usr/sbin/pppd"
gives an empty output.

Is ipv6 support disabled because nobody really needs it,
or is there a technical reason ?

btw, mandrake pppd does not seem to be ipv6 aware, neither
(I could not run it, but I tried to grep the binary for
the "v6" string, and it gave me nothing).

thanks by advance.

(if you answer to the list, please CC: me, as I'm not -
yet - subscribed. thanks!)

Jerome Petazzoni <skaya@enix.org>