Re: General support for IPv6 out of the box in Debian

    RM> IMHO it is not possible to setup default
    RM> routes with the ip command (Alexey Kuznetsov pointed this out
    RM> some time ago). Is this possible now ?  If not, I think we
    RM> have to specify the routing prefix if we want to set up a
    RM> route (e.g. 3ffe::/16).

  It certainly seems to be - at least, I don't have any problems doing
so.

    RM> I do not think that it is necessary to include an address in
    RM> the tunnel configuration. The other side of the tunnel should
    RM> simply route all packets destined to your prefix to your ipv4
    RM> address.

  Think about this. Look at it from the perspective of the other end
of the tunnel. It has a packet destined for your IPv4 address. What
does it do with it? You either need an endpoint address which is not
within the range routed down the tunnel; or you need an explicit more
specific route to the tunnel endpoint which doesn't route via the
tunnel. This is obviously quite simple with IPv6 over IPv4 tunnels,
but it isn't as obvious for IPv4 over IPv4.

m.