Re: support for ia64

On Wed, Dec 17, 2003 at 10:56:11PM +0100, Torsten Werner wrote:
> now I have access to a quite powerful IA64 machine and I am willing to
> help porting Debian stuff. Can you recommend some tasks/packages that
> need some help? I have started to recompile my own packages and found
> some major bugs, e.g. afbackup was completely broken on ia64 up to now!
> And no bug was filed at the BTS.

I think what ia64 needs more than anything is just more users trying
stuff.  I switched to it as my main desktop recently and started finding
things to work on almost straight away ...

A lot of stuff on ia64 is only compile-tested.  That isn't something
anyone's happy about, but with so many packages in Debian, it'd be a
mammoth task to test them all.