Re: DDTP: can get already translated description

Hello,
On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 03:19:09PM +0300, Yuri Kozlov wrote:
> 2008/2/23, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com>:
> > On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Yuri Kozlov <kozlov.y@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  >  On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 8:21 AM, Yuri Kozlov <kozlov.y@gmail.com> wrote:
> >  >  >  > Hello.
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >  I want to fix a typo in the already translated description.
> >  >  >  >  Setting the "Force fetching even if not untranslated" and
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >  "All descriptions for package openoffice.org-l10n-za already translated"
> >  >  >  >
> >  >  >  >  It worked earlier.
> >

> > Ah, what has happened is that they're still within the owner expire
> >  period. They were last translated on 2008-02-09 (by Yuri) which is
> >  less than 28 days ago. Apart from the fact thet the error message is
> >  vague (to the point of being wrong) we have a few options here:
> >
> >  1. Note it's the same person requesting and let it go through
> >  2. Drop the whole owner-expire thing altogether
> >  3. Make it shorter...
> >  4. The owner expire doesn't apply to already translated descriptions.
> >
> >  Any preferences?
>
> 4.
> When the translated description go back to dttp it can be translated,
> for example, from mail interface other person.

I am not sure I know all the details, but please ensure that each
language team can set it differently. (Often translations are "owned"
and hence other persons should not be able to simply update it, except
maybe they are the language coordinator.

Greetings

            Helge