Re: Aptitude localized defaults string

On Sat, Feb 02, 2008 at 07:14:30AM +0100, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> was heard to say:
> Quoting Daniel Burrows (dburrows@debian.org):
> >
> >   Since this mechanism was just added, I can guarantee you that there is
> > no aptitude-defaults.vi; no-one has created one yet.
>
> So, indeed, the best would be to translate this to
> "aptitude-defaults.vi" and I should as well turn the French
> "translation" to "aptitude-defaults.fr". Right?

  Right.  You also need to translate the file itself, of course. :-)

> >   "aptitude-defaults.XX" will be loaded (if you translate that string to
> > its file-name, as with, e.g., README) when the program starts up,
> > overriding settings in "aptitude-defaults" and "section-descriptions".
> > The main reason I added it is so that section translations can be added
> > now that section descriptions are not hardcoded into the program, but
> > translators are free to modify any other defaults they want to.  (user
> > settings will of course override anything specified in the configuration
> > file)
>

> Where should we put such files in aptitude's source tree if we want to
> proposed them for our languages?

  I think alongside aptitude-defaults in the root of the source tree will
be fine.  Probably I should spend some time generating automatic translations
of that file for all aptitude's languages, actually... (i.e., extracting
translations from the old .po files)

  Daniel