Re: Short guide on Plural-Forms

On 16/11/2005, at 2:17 AM, Frans Pop wrote:

On Tuesday 15 November 2005 07:04, Christian Perrier wrote:
And beware that even when a language does not use plural like Chinese
(lucky people!), you have to use a Plural-Forms header in the files
where at least one plural form is used:

"Plural-Forms: nplurals=1; plural=0;\n"

Vietnamese is like Chinese in that it has no plural forms in that sense. We make up for it in our huge and wildly varied collection of pronouns. :)

Hmm. Is that currently the case? Has someone taken care of that for
templates where plural forms were added?

To be honest, I would expect plural form handling to set a smart default if such a line is missing (smart being: assume the language does not need
plural forms).

I still have to add my plurals header manually to all PO files. It would be handy to have it added automatically, by default if one is not present, or even better, according to the accepted plurals header for that language:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms