Re: I18N (Multibyte Enablation) of debconf

Hi,

From: barbier@linuxfr.org (Denis Barbier)
Subject: Re: I18N (Multibyte Enablation) of debconf
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 07:23:48 +0200

> > If possible, I would like to translate task names and descriptions
> > into Japanese.  Since tasksel is one of basic packages, I imagine
> > someone will want to translate even if I won't.
>
> Joey Hess worked on tasksel i18n; task descriptions can now be
> translated, see tasks/po/debian-tasks.pot (in tasksel-1.30).

I wanted to say about Mojibake.  I know tasksel is gettextized
and I can write ja.po file but it causes Mojibake because of
slang1a-utf8 vs slang1 problem (and line-folding problem).  Thus,
"If possible" in the above sentence means "When these problems
will be solved".

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <kubota@debian.org>
http://www.debian.or.jp/~kubota/