svn checkout often aborts

I noticed that svn checkout often aborts on Debian GNU/Hurd in the middle of a checkout. AFAIR, it has been that way for me for over a year (but I often don't use Debian GNU/Hurd for months).

The exact error varies, but these are among the more common:

svn: E120106: ra_serf: The server sent a truncated HTTP response body.
svn: E1073741856: Error running context: Unrecognized resolver error
svn: E1073741878: Error running context: Unrecognized resolver error

When I check out a large project, this can happen multiple times, so I have to do an "svn cleanup; svn checkout" a few times until I have the full repository.

Is this a known problem? An issue with svn on Hurd? An issue with Hurd on qemu-kvm?

I run Debian GNU/Hurd in a VM. The host system is Debian GNU/Linux, and svn on the host does not have such problems.

Philipp