Re: hurd-i386 switched to debian-ports archive

Hello,

aaric@posteo.net, le lun. 10 juin 2019 02:28:01 -0400, a ecrit:
> On Mon, Apr 22, 2019 at 07:37:35PM +0200, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> > Feel free to warn about anything which looks odd, there are probably
> > various places to be fixed (notably wiki documentations etc.)
> >
> > Samuel
>
> I had 2016.11.28 and tried to update to the repository given in
> https://www.debian.org/ports/hurd/hurd-install.html

I have now rephrased this page a bit:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/blob/master/english/ports/hurd/hurd-install.wml#L713

It'll show up on the website at some point.

> During the upgrade, the package
> configuration screen said that services needed to be restarted on my system.
> It asks should I restart those services without asking. I don't I put my
> input for yes or no, but it is now frozen :(

I don't think I ever tried to upgrade the distrib from Xorg actually,
only from the text console. I guess the hurd console got restarted and
Xorg is not ready for such a thing.

Samuel