Problems with crosshurd's native-install

Hello,

I tried to install GNU using crosshurd yesterday, and encountered two
problems :

1) the first run of './native-install' was unsucessful : the part where
it is supposed to create the translators and devices was zapped, so it
caused quite a lot of errors. As far as I unterstood, the

'case "`uname -s`" in
 	 GNU)'

part failed, saying

"./native-install: cannot make pipe for command substitution: Protocol
family not supported".

Doing settrans -c /servers/socket/1 /hurd/pflocal before running
./native-install resolved this problem.

2) However, I still obtained some errors telling me that the user "root"
didn't exist (and could'nt log in at next reboot). Uncommenting the
/etc/passwd related zone[1] resolved this problem and I could continue
the installation correctly (I don't know if it really is the good thing
to do, since I suppose there are reasons why it is commented, but, well,
it quite worked ;) )

--
Frédéric HENRY (Neryel)

[1] : that is :
		# We need the password file to chown.

		if [ ! -e /etc/passwd ] ; then
			echo Copying passwd file.
			cp /usr/share/base-passwd/passwd.master /etc/passwd
		fi
		if [ ! -e /etc/group ] ; then
			echo Copying group file.
			cp /usr/share/base-passwd/group.master /etc/group
		fi