Re: dselect/apt & fsck

On Mon, Apr 01, 2002 at 08:19:13AM -0500, Erik Hunger wrote:
> I tried reproducing this error several times to no effect. As I was about to
> shrug and declare it mystically fixed, it happened again.
> I was logged in and using dselect from another machine. This is what showed
> on the screen directly attached to the Hurd machine:
>
> memory_object_data_request(0x0, 0x0, 0x43000, 0x1000, 0x3) failed, 268435459

This looks like an out of memory condition.  It shouldn't fail such
horribly in the filesystem etc, but you never know what weird things happen
when you run out of memory.  16 MB RAM is pretty tight, even with a lot of
swap.  Our virtual memory management could probably deal a bit better in
such cases...

Thanks,
Marcus

Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de