Re: Newbie question: X not working (more problems).

On Sat, 16 Mar 2002, Oystein Viggen wrote:

> * [Bill Bland]
>
> > bit further.  It switches to graphical mode, but then drops back into text
> > mode.  The error log is at the end of this email.  Clearly the problem is
> > that /dev/psaux doesn't exist.  Unfortunately MAKEDEV doesn't know how to
> > make it and neither do I!
>
> Neal H Walfield's installation guide[1] explains this.

Thanks for that.  I now have X working!
OK, next problem.  I did apt-get icewm (which also installed icewm-common)
but X now crashes.  Running icewm from the command line (with no X server
running - yes I know it won't work ;-) gives an error saying that it
couldn't find libImlib.so.1.  I had a look in the obvious places
(/X11R6/lib, /usr/lib, /lib, /usr/local/ilb, /lib/X11, /usr/lib/X11) and I
can't find it.  Does anyone know where it should be?

Thanks 1e6 for all the help.
Best wishes,
		Bill.