Re: ["Richard Barsby" <richard_barsby@hotmail.com>] 0.9 release

> From: "Richard Barsby" <richard_barsby@hotmail.com>
> To: <bdale@gag.com>
> Subject: 0.9 release
> Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:55:44 +0100
>
> I have down loaded the 0.9 sti iso.gz image 3 times now and winzip 8
> says it is not a valid archive file what is wrong my 0.5 was fine.

Richard,

You can get gzip compiled for DOS/win32 here:

  http://ftp.debian.org/debian/tools/gzip124.exe

If you run this as "gzip124 -tv file.iso.gz" and it says FAILED then the
file you've downloaded is corrupted, either because the entire file was
not downloaded or because the method used to download it corrupted it.
Try using a different browser perhaps.

You can try again downloading the ISO file here:

  http://mkhppa1.esiee.fr/download.html

You should also verify the MD5 checksums of large files you download.
Here is one of many versions of md5sum for Windows:

  http://www.etree.org/md5com.html

Even better, use a Unix-like system to download and test the file -
tools like wget, gzip and md5sum are all there and you don't have to
worry about whether files are in binary or ascii mode.

If still no luck, contact the debian-hppa list or the parisc-linux list,
or consider waiting for an official release.  Don't write me directly,
as this is all the help that I have ...

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."