Re: Can't boot to RAID from SRM..

bhkwan@ThoughtWorks.com wrote:
> I have installed the system on my Mylex Raid controller.

You installed this in a parisc box? Which one?
Or did you land on the wrong mailing list? :^)

>  After the
> installation is done, I can't boot to it..
> it said block 0 of dra.0.0.13.0 is not a valid boot block.

More output would be needed in general but in this case I know
you are hosed. There is no IODC for Mylex - ergo can't boot from it.

I *think* you can have your root file system on it and boot from
a built-in SCSI/LAN device. RAID support may need to be built-into
the kernel (ie not a module since it can't be loaded until root fs
is present). Read PALO docs for help on finding a boot disk and
partitioning it.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab