Re: Stackage LTS 6.0, GHC-8.0, the freeze

On Sun, May 29, 2016 at 09:29:20PM +0900, Sean Whitton wrote:
> I refreshed and deleted several patches in the DHG_packages repo.  I
> take it that these changes have to be synced to the package-plan repo?
> Is there some tool to do syncs in either direction?

I don't think so.  Also beware that test-packages.pl's use of
Text::Patch means that sometimes it chokes on patches that
dpkg-dev and quilt are happy with, so sometimes they are out
of sync on purpose.

> A further question: where does `dht upgrade` look for packages.txt?
> DHG_packages/../package-plan?  Or does it look on alioth, such that is
> only takes account of commits that have been pushed?

This line is in the upgrade script:
  version=$(grep "^$cabal_name " ../../../package-plan/packages.txt|cut -d\  -f2)