Re: Problems using Yesod on Debian Jessie

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:28:22 +0200
Joachim Breitner <nomeata@debian.org> wrote:
[...]
> > Looks like the bug it's the hardcoded versions are incorrect. Since
> > it doesn't offer new functionality nor imposes version upgrades, I
> > believe it is a valid candidate for a jessie point-upgrade
>
> You suggest to change the version ranges of the project files produced
> by "yesod init", to match what’s in stable?

That's my initial take on the issue. I created a new project, it would
build, and I started to fiddle with the foo.cabal versioning. It needed
just a few changes

* Change: yesod-core >= 1.2.19
* Change: shakespeare (unversioned)
* Add: shakespeare-text >= 1.0.2
* Add: hamlet >= 1.1
* Change: fast-logger >= 2.1
* Change: wai-logger >= 2.1

At that point 'yesod configure' stopped complaining and 'yesod devel'
actually tried to build the thing, but then

Foundation.hs:72:9:
    Not in scope: `withUrlRenderer'
    Perhaps you meant `giveUrlRenderer' (imported from Yesod)

and I've been unable to find 'withUrlRenderer'.

I'll keep looking, but if anyone has a better hint, it'd be appreciated.
--
Ernesto Hernández-Novich - @iamemhn - Unix: Live free or die!
Geek by nature, Linux by choice, Debian of course.