Re: Continue DHG work?

Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 02.12.2010, 10:01 +1100 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> Hmm, its rather disappointing to see that noone else has
> responded to this.

maybe it was a mistake to let things slow down during the freeze. People
probably fill their newly freed time with other duties.

But I’m sure once ghc7 is in experimental and we start updating and
renaming packages, more people will come again.

BTW, we don’t have to wait for ghc7 with renaming and updating – I see
no problem in having libghc-*-dev packages built against ghc6 and then
binNMUed when ghc7 comes along. This would require removing the ghc6
build-dependency and either
 * replace it by ghc | ghc6 or
 * drop it and rely on the haskell-devscripts dependency.

I’m included to do the latter. The less logic and information in the
individual packages, the better.

Greetings,
Joachim

--