How to configure CI on salsa?

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a CI pipeline for ampr-ripd because building
that package is failing locally on my system and before pushing a fix
I would like to set a pipeline to confirm the failure and then to
confirm that my commit [4] fixes it before merging.

In the "CI/CD Settings" page [1] I have set "CI/CD configuration file"
to "recipes/debian.yml@salsa-ci-team/pipeline" as in [2] but the
Pipelines page [3] still shows the "Get started" button instead of a
"Run pipeline" button.
Is this supposed to work with my access level or I'm doing something wrong?
Should I instead add a debian/gitlab-ci.yml config like in other repositories?

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/ampr-ripd/-/settings/ci_cd
[2] https://salsa.debian.org/salsa-ci-team/pipeline/-/blob/master/README.md
[3] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/ampr-ripd/-/pipelines
[4] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/ampr-ripd/-/commit/72041c6617fc3e9f72aac105953c7d04d44eb9b3