Re: Trying to join the hamradio team

Re: Roland OE1RSA
> Thank you. I would like to work on the soundmodem package. I do understand
> that debian is all about packaging and distribution and not so much on
> working on the upstream.
>
> However, since almost all upstream links are looking defunct and I have not
> been able to contact Thomas Sailer (the original author) and I want to
> contribute changes to the source code as well I am seeking for advice or
> suggestions of how to proceed.

Hi Roland,

afaict the modem to use these days is direwolf. Is there anything that
soundmodem does that direwolf doesn't do?

Generally you can of course also use salsa.debian.org to host
upstream, it might be more sensible to use some "mainstream" git
hoster like github or gitlab if you plan to become the new soundmodem
upstream. That way chances of getting other people's contributions
might be better.

(Some googling later) The current upstream repo for soundmodem is
actually on gitlab, and the last commit by Thomas was 1 hour ago:

https://gitlab.com/tsailer/soundmodem

(The hast activity before that was in 2016, though.)

Christoph