Re: Removing from Uploaders

On 17/07/16 18:14, Jaime Robles wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I agree to clean from time to time but I would not run too much... As it
> does not harm to have a list and even if they can help in case of need ;-)

I feel the Uploaders list should accurately reflect the number of people
really willing to support a package.  If somebody is definitely not
supporting a package any more, that is probably good enough reason to do
another upload removing them from Uploaders.

This would allow people to prepare reports across the whole Debian
archive demonstrating the extent to which packages are supported or not.

In practice, the level of support that people give varies, e.g. for some
of my own packages I release every new version but for others I only do
an upload when there is an RC bug.  Reporting on the Uploaders list
doesn't reveal which approach a developer is taking with a particular
package.

Regards,

Daniel