Re: Trouble connecting from Debian Linux to Yaesu FT-450AT using hamlib or kermit

On 07/11/2010 04:29 AM, Ed wrote:
On 07/11/2010 12:05 AM, Tom Epperly wrote:
Please cc me directly on replies. I am trying to use my Yaesu FT-450AT
connected to my Linux Debian Unstable box for the first time, and I am
having trouble connecting to the rig via the cat cable. I am running
2.6.32-5-amd64 on an AMD64 system. I have a Prolific-based USB-serial
adapter that's connected to the Linux box's USB port and the radio's CAT
cable port via a USB hub. I've used the cable and hub from a Windows
laptop before without problems.

Did you enable CATRTS in the menu ?
It's enabled in the menu. I tried turning it off too, but it didn't help.

By the way, I got a reply from another ham who never got rig control working from Linux.

Tom

Ed W3NR