What's involved...

Hi folks,

I just talked (well, emailed) someone through a Qtel installation
using alien and wondered afterward what might be involved in maintaining it for Ubuntu. I've seen several hams come to Ubuntu as newbies, who then fall back on the wine/Echolink combo (as I did at first). T'would be nice to have Qtel in the Ubuntu (or related) repositories ready to roll. But I know nothing about package maintenance. I'd like to find out what's involved...

With best regards,

Pete

--
Peter N. Spotts | Science reporter
The Christian Science Monitor

"The knack of flying is to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
            -- Douglas Adams, "A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"