AO-40 Telemetry Programs

I have completed and am about to upload two packages, which working together
provide the ability to watch AO-40 telemetry using a sound card on a Debian
system.

The first is modemp3d, which is a user space soundcard modem optimized for
decoding AO-40 telemetry by Thomas Sailer, HB9JNX/AE4WA.

The second is ao40tlmview, which is a telemetry display program using ncurses
by Pieter-Tjerk de Boer.  Given a source of telemetry frames, it decodes all
the bits and makes them easy to read.

Both are GPL'ed... and both support Phil Karn's STP protocol.  When listening
to packets from a network connection, ao40tlmview writes each frame heard to
a file which looks like it can be submitted to the AMSAT AO-40 Telemetry
Archive.  Pretty neat.

I played for a while with ktelemetrydemod, which is another user space demod
with a glitzy KDE interface... but frankly, while it looks good, it doesn't
seem to work very well... modemp3d decoded many more frames for me, so it is
what I'm going to be using.

Enjoy.

73 - Bdale, KB0G