Re: GNOME Shell 46

On Fri, 15 Mar 2024 at 16:18:06 -0400, Jeremy Bícha wrote:
> The list of people who can accept magpie into Debian is small and I
> have no estimate how long its review will take.

I had been thinking that if magpie doesn't get through NEW by the time
the time_t transition is out of the way, we should ask for budgie-desktop
to be removed from testing as part of a GNOME 45 transition. I don't want
to be removing a working desktop environment, and it isn't really fair
on the Budgie contributors, but I also don't think it's sustainable for
gnome-shell (popcon: ~ 60K) to be held hostage by Budgie (popcon: ~ 400).

It's a pity that we only have one experimental, but if we make a note of
the last-known versions as of just before work on Shell 46 starts, it would
still be possible to get 45 into unstable if 46 isn't ready.

    smcv