Re: The difficulty of contributing / volunteering

On 31.01.2013 22:22, Boruch Baum wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm getting a bit discouraged (see below). I thought it would be
> simple to offer to volunteer helping in debian, specifically packaging
> 'meld' and other packages with only older versions debianized. It
> really shouldn't be this difficult.

The best way is contact the maintainer directly. A quick look at [1] and
the changelog reveals that Balint has been  been taking care of the
package mostly. I'm sure he would welcome your support.

Michael

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/m/meld.html
universe are pointed away from Earth?