Re: gnome-volume-manager and kernel 2.6.11

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 02:08:05PM +0100, Patrick Pletscher wrote:
> I have an odd bug with gnome-volume-manager and kernel 2.6.11. With
> 2.6.9 everything gnome-volume-manager related just worked like a charm.
> But with 2.6.11 the icon of the newly mounted device will not appear on
> my gnome desktop. I first thought that it is a problem with the kernel
> and I forgot to include some modules, but to my surprise all the devices
> that I inserted were mounted successful, the icon just didn't appear on
> the desktop. What really surprised me, was that everything except the
> icon on the desktop just worked. So I could tell g-v-m to play newly
> mounted DVD's in xine, and this worked. Or I could tell g-v-m to show
> the newly mounted device in nautilus and it would do that. But it
> wouldn't show the icon on the deskop.

> If I can provide more information or you think this is definitely the
> wrong place to post such an issue, please tell me so (perhaps with some
> hints where to ask for help).

This is a nautilus/gnome-vfs issue instead of a gnome-volume-manager one. Are
you using gamin or fam ?

  Sjoerd
--
He has shown you, o man, what is good.  And what does the Lord ask of you,
but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly before your God?