Re: gnome-vfs-extras2 smb support unusable

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 18:32, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> 0.99.8 should work fine as well. There's currently 0.99.10 in Fedora, as
> the 0.99.11 suffered from libsmbclient's youth at the time of release.
> The current CVS HEAD version should work much better, but that's for
> GNOME 2.6.

Is 0.99.12 the 2.6-headed version?

> BTW, filing bugs and sending an e-mail 10 minutes afterwards complaining
> of having not received a response is a bit droll.

I filed 119172 on August 5, 2003 and received some response on October
30 of the same year.

That's what I mean when I say unresponsive.

> About being unresponsive, I also have other things I'm working on, and I
> only have so much time for hacking on Free Software. Still, I can only
> see 9 bugs opened in bugzilla.gnome.org and only a few of them could be
> labelled as show-stoppers.

Such as 119172. Still, I'm not upset at you for not fixing it, but when
I filed 119172 the state of the bugs list was horrific. Nothing was ever
fixed or even maintained in bugzilla.

Now it looks like that's changing, which is good.

> I'd really rather see patches and test cases than what looks like
> uninformed e-mails like this one.

Sigh.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>