Re: nautilus packages

Ryan Lovett <ryan@OCF.Berkeley.EDU> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 15, 2003 at 11:34:39PM +0200, Johannes Rohr wrote:
> > If I could do 'aptitude -t unstable install gnome', it would be
> > perfect.
>
>   # apt-get install aptitude
>   Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>     aptitude: Depends: libsigc++0 but it is not installable
>   E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> Where are you all getting aptitude from?

We got when it was still hot. Apparently, it's an exclusive club. I
couldn't install it for a friend last week, either.

Aptitude's automatic dependency tracking for uninstalling old
dependencies is cool, but I've never understood why it was never moved
downstream so that ordinary apt-get and friends would have the feature
too. The situation with Debian's package management tools is pretty
confusing.

I'm still hoping for a graphical, full-featured Gnome application.
Perhaps it is time to have a look at gnome-apt again.

--
Ole Laursen
http://www.cs.auc.dk/~olau/