NEARLY-SOLVED: pb gnome2 upgrade from experimental to sid

I have checked and the last X update (xlibs) did not change anything to
the XftConfig file and I always used the default one.
Also the new msttcorefonts tried to removed the Truetype directory which
at least on my system was a symlink. It failed because the rmdir was
particularly gracefully implemented (don't bother doing a test -d before
or stuff like that).

So I believe the situation is the following:
. xlibs XftConfig file doesn't know about defoma ( what about adding dir
"/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" in it ?).
. It was working before thanks to a links at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TrueType.
. the last msttcorefonts try to remove the above directory and (if you
help it) leave you without Truetype fonts in gnome2.

Can someone that has not yet upgraded msttcorefonts confirm?

Thanks,
Christophe

PS: gnome-terminal is still broken on my system despite the TT fonts.