Re: Bad nautilus2 fonts (all courier)

Michael Toomim wrote:
I can't get the normal nautilus2 fonts to look decent. My gtk2 application font is verdana, and my desktop nautilus font is Matisse, but all fonts in the nautilus window are courier.

I think I figured this out.  It seems to be a combination of two other bugs:

1) Gnome2 doesn't initialize various preferences on startup until running a preferences program like gnome-font-preferences.

2) Nautilus doesn't change its fonts when fonts are changed in gnome-font-preferences (you have you restart nautilus).

Thus, all my fonts are courier when starting up gnome2. So I run gnome-font-preferences as a workaround (which also initializes my mouse and keyboard settings). But nautilus doesn't change its fonts from courier. So you then have to do a 'killall nautilus', so that it will restart and pick the right fonts.