Re: RFS: golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 24, 2024 at 02:20:36PM -0800, Loren M. Lang wrote:
> I've packaged golang-github-abadojack-whatlanggo, and I need a sponsor
> to get it
> uploaded.
>
> == golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc ==
>
> Salsa:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc

* Please fixup the Description in d/control. It should be properly formatted and
  should be relevant. The description via dh-make-golang is not proper.

* Should the package have a dependency on clang? I did not dig much deeper but I
  see clang/clang.go trying to use clang binary for instance.

* You could annotate build-depends on clang with <!nocheck>

> The one lintian warning is due to the long filename from the Git version
> number.

This should be OK. Please fix a few more (minor) things:

I: golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc source: out-of-date-standards-version 4.6.0 (released 2021-08-18) (current is 4.6.2)
P: golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc source: trailing-whitespace [debian/control:59]
X: golang-github-cloudflare-cbpfc source: debian-watch-does-not-check-openpgp-signature [debian/watch]

(Note that current standards version is 4.7.0 -- lintian is un-updated)

> As this is my first RFS for the Go team, let me know if I'm not
> following the current best-known-method for it. I did upload it to
> mentors, but looking over other RFS emails, it doesn't look like this
> team uses that or BTS RFS bugs. Is there a doc for RFS or script
> published for generating the appropriate template emails?

A simple email to the list shall do. Sponsoring is mostly done off salsa.

Best,
Nilesh