Re: RFS: golang-google-grpc + golang-github-google-s2a-go

Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> writes:

> Le lun. 12 févr. 2024 à 22:11, Simon Josefsson <simon@josefsson.org> a
> écrit :
>
>> Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> writes:
>>
>> > golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus should be deprecated in
>> > debian as well, and replaced by
>> > https://github.com/grpc-ecosystem/go-grpc-middleware
>> >
>> > First move is to report a RC-bug on that package, so it gets removed from
>> > testing if no one steps in.
>> > Second move is to start packaging go-grpc-middleware...
>>
>> Yes I noticed that upstream had moved on, and exploring
>> go-grpc-middleware seems like the right thing to do.  That means fixing
>> (or deprecating) all the reverse dependencies of
>> golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus to use
>> go-grpc-middleware instead...  and how to handle if some of the reverse
>> dependencies cannot easily be fixed or deprecated?  That could stall the
>> effort.
>>

> Not sure there are much of them
> build-rdeps golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus
> didn't return anything but I'm not sure it works on my system.

Try installing 'dose-extra' for more complete output from build-rdeps,
it is misleading otherwise.

The list of rdeps below is based on build-rdeps with dose-extra:

https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus/-/pipelines/638083

You can confirm using the official buildd logs, for example see podman
build log that installs golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=libpod&arch=amd64&ver=4.9.2%2Bds1-2&stamp=1707306847&raw=0

/Simon