Re: RFS: golang-google-grpc + golang-github-google-s2a-go

Hi Simon,

On Mon, 2024-01-22 at 20:15 +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Further progress on grpc.  I've rebuilt 1.60.1 with some EXCLUDE fixes
> thanks to help on irc, we've gone from 22 reverse build failures down to
> 16 failures, here is the pipeline:

:)

> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/golang-google-grpc/-/pipelines/629139
>
> The failures now suggest problems on other packages, list of initial 10
> broken packages that I looked at:
>
> cadvisor:
> crowdsec:
> etcd:
> gitlab-ci-multi-runner:
> golang-github-go-kit-kit:
> golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus:
> golang-github-hashicorp-go-plugin
> golang-github-katalix-go-l2tp
> golang-github-sercand-kuberesolver
> golang-google-api

golang-google-api is outdated (#1061362) and needs an updated package, but
golang-google-grpc and golang-github-google-s2a-go are blockers to getting it
updated.

Could you please have a look at golang-github-google-s2a-go and see if you can
upload it to experimental as well?

> Error outputs below, is anyone familiar with any of these packages or
> error messages?  Several packages have new upstream versions that may
> fix these problems.

With cadvisor, debian/vendor is not required anymore as all of it's contents
exist as Debian packages now, so it needs to be removed and replaced with
additions to Build-Depends. This should fix the build and allow it to build
successfully (unless there are API changes between the older versions in
d/vendor and the packaged versions in Debian, then the new version of cadvisor
will need to be packaged).

The rest of the failing rdeps are likely due to outdated packages, as you've
said.

Kind regards,
Maytham
IRC: maytha8