Request for vendored package: chezmoi dotfile manager

tl;dr popular Go CLI app wants to know how to be Debian-friendly

Hi,

I'm the author of chezmoi, a popular dotfile manager with over 9K GitHub stars written in Go, that is available in many distributions.

I, and chezmoi's users, would love for chezmoi to be included in Debian. There's an existing Debian bug for this, and an existing issue in the chezmoi repo.

What is tricky is that chezmoi has regular releases (roughly, a minor version every two weeks), including fixing security problems and updating dependencies, that make it effectively impossible for Debian packaging to follow.

Would you consider accepting chezmoi as a vendored package, as happened with Kubernetes?

To support this effort, I try to be friendly to maintainers and will happily make any necessary changes to the chezmoi repo.

Please advise,
Tom