Joining the Go packaging team

Hello,

  I would like to join the Go packaging team on salsa. I'm not yet a
DM/DD, but I do have a salsa account; my username is gibmat.

  I'm planning to work on packaging several Go dependencies required to
build LXD. It's got a long-standing ITP (#768073) that I'd like to see
completed during the bookworm development cycle. While I haven't done
much development with the Go language, I am comfortable enough to
package existing libraries, debug build/test failures, etc. I've spent
some time playing with dh-make-golang -- it's pretty nifty!

  One question I do have for the team: how do you handle re-
introduction of Go packages that existed in Debian before, but for one
reason or another were then removed from the archive? For example,
golang-github-juju-schema (RM'ed as it was a leaf dependency for
another Go package that an individual was working on packaging) or
golang-github-juju-testing (RM'ed because of dependency on mongodb; I
suspect we'll just drop the mongodb-specific parts of that library).
Both those packages still have git repositories on salsa.

  I will be following the ITP/RFS pattern for packages that I work on,
although for the first couple ones I'll likely ask this group for some
focused critique to ensure I'm creating good Go packages for Debian.

Thanks,
Mathias