Re: Help for packaging shfmt

Hi Faust,

On 10/15/21 2:17 PM, Faustin Lammler wrote:
Hi!

I have managed to reactivate the test suite. It took me a bit longer
than expected [...]> I would be glad if you could take look [1].

Awesome, I pushed a little cleanup change (nitpick).

The only remaining Lintian problem is:
| X: golang-mvdan-editorconfig source: debian-watch-does-not-check-gpg-signature

That we can ignore, not ultimately urgent.

So, I will check with upstream folks how to handle this.

Cool, and thanks, I however have two questions for you:

1. The homepage URL: https://mvdan.cc/editorconfig seems to re-dirct to github.
So is the import path now changed for this one?
And if so, the source package needs to be renamed accordingly

2. The github repo (README) says that: "Note that an official library exists for Go. This alternative implementation started with a different design"
So is this a fork or a complete re-write? If this is a fork, would it be possible to merge this in the main repo?

Lastly, do you need sponsoring?
On my workflow, this file is globally ignored with a git ignore global
configuration but I can't find a way to do that for git-buildbpackage.

You want to ignore the .pre-commit-config.yaml file right? I do not know of a gbp-specific way,
but you could do this:

$ echo .pre-commit-config.yaml > .git/info/exclude

or maybe modify locally in .git/config. Maybe there would be an option to do this in ~/.gbp.conf too, but I'm not aware of such
an option, admittedly.

PS: I read every mail on this mailing list, so you don't need to CC me :-)

Nilesh