Re: How can I 'step into libc' with gdb?

On Mon, Nov 3, 2008 at 12:14 PM, Carlo Wood <carlo@alinoe.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm desperately trying to debug something for which I need
> to be able to step into the libc6 source code, especially
> libpthread.
>
> I installed the -dbg package but it contains no line
> numbers?!
>
> Can someone give me a pointer to what is needed to be
> able to debug libc on debian?

You'll also need the source for your version of glibc, and you'll have
to point gdb at the location of the source using the "dirs" command
(effects the source search paths).

Make sure that "info shared" shows that you have actually loaded the
debug libraries.

Cheers,
Carlos.