Re: debian libc6 bug #281775

Hi,

At Thu, 20 Jan 2005 01:15:40 -0700,
Mike Snitzer wrote:
> I went ahead and tried out 2 patches I researched and determined were
> critical for my pthreaded code (w/ NPTL) that makes use of
> pthread_setcancelstate() and pthread_cancel().
>
> Turns out these 2 patches, when applied to 2.3.2.ds1-20, completely fix my
> Aborts and I feel like I've conquered the world:
>
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/*checkout*/rpms/glibc/FC-1/glibc-nptl-cancelstate-disabled.patch
> http://cvs.fedora.redhat.com/viewcvs/*checkout*/rpms/glibc/FC-1/glibc-linuxthreads-throw.patch
>
> Both of these patches are crucial for my needs; and anyone else who is
> trying to reliably use pthread_setcancelstate() or pthread_cancel() with
> NPTL.
>
> Can you guys take steps to make sure these patches make their way into
> debian's glibc?

We have difficulties to take such patches currently - because we're
base-freeze period until new version Debian/sarge will be released.
It's hard to put new patch, and even upload new .debs by us...
Recently sarge is getting closer state than the previous one.  Once
sarge will be released, we can upgrade our glibc to the latest version
(which should fix your problem) as soon as possible.

Regards,
-- gotom