Re: libdb1-compat / glibc6 removing 9 packages

On Mon, Aug 30, 2004 at 11:40:14AM -0400, Julien Lamarche wrote:
>  I wanted to install libdb1-compat & glibc6 on Debian ppc woody.

That's not a good idea. If you want to upgrade those, you would be far
better off upgrading your whole system to sarge.

> I was wondering if it was expected that installing these would remove
> 9 packages, including g++.

Try 'apt-get install libc6 libc6-dev locales'. If that doesn't work,
look there for the problem.

(This has nothing much to do with libdb1-compat, by the way.)

Cheers,