Re: PROJ 6.0.0

On 4/14/19 11:35 AM, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The biggest issue is VTK however. Having multiple (outdated) version in
> Debian is a pain, and I suspect that the maintainers will have a hard
> time backporting the PROJ 6 changes from the current VTK to the vtk6 &
> vtk7 packages. Removing the vtk packages from testing will
> (transitively) affect many packages, either directly or via ITK4.

The vtk6 source packages includes a copy of an ancient libproj4 (version
3.2) which can be used instead of the system libproj.

These libproj sources are excluded from the vtk7 source package and will
need to be reinstated to do the same.

vtk6 can build successfully when it's using the embedded copy, vtk7
FTBFS because it includes both projects.h & proj_api.h.

Kind Regards,

Bas

--
 GPG Key ID: 4096R/6750F10AE88D4AF1