Re: QGIS 2.14 & Qt5

Hi Sebastiaan,

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 05:13:37PM +0100, Sebastiaan Couwenberg wrote:
> The first build of 2.14 with Qt5 failed due to errors in the
> spatialite provider ('DetachFromResultSet' is not a member of
> 'QSqlResult'), this looks like an incompatibility with
> libqt5sql5(-sqlite).

That's https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtbase.git/commit/?id=fc15a1d5e2cb064d.

You may steal the changes to qsql_sqlite.{cpp,h} from that commit and
apply them to your qsql_spatialite.{cpp,h} files — they are very small.

If we package https://code.qt.io/cgit/qt/qtftp.git/, will it help you?

> Because packages in unstable will be synced into Ubuntu I don't want a
> severely feature reduced qgis in Debian unstable just to close the RC
> bug. I'd rather downgrade the severity to important as long as the new
> python-qt4 without the Webkit module hasn't been uploaded to unstable.

Yeah, it's my fault that the new python-qt4 hasn't yet been uploaded.
But it will be definitely in Stretch (as we want to get qtwebkit removed
for Stretch).

Also, Ubuntu is now in a sync freeze, so no autosyncs will happen until
the 16.04 release.

> I should probably file bugs for the Qt5 related build failures if they
> haven't been reported yet.

If you need any help with Qt 5 porting, please contact me :)

--
Dmitry Shachnev